Unless otherwise stated, webinars are schedule for 8:00 pm to 9:00 pm EST
You must log into the FSGS website as an FSGS MEMBER in order to download the handouts.
On the left menu, click on Members Login and look for Archived Webinars at the bottom of the drop-down list. The current handout and webinar information will be at the top of the page. Links to videos of past webinars are also available on the Archived Webinars page.
20 Oct 2022 – Katherine Schober
Google Translate and Genealogy: What You Should Be Using Instead
- Webinar Abstract: Google Translate is not always the most reliable tool to translate your genealogy documents. Discover the other options available and how to use them.
- Presenter: Katherine Schober is a German-English genealogy speaker, author, and translator, specializing in the old German handwriting. She is the author of “The Magic of German Church Records” and “Tips and Tricks of Deciphering German Handwriting”, as well as the creator of the online courses “Reading the Old German Handwriting" and "German for Genealogists." Katherine lives in Bend, Oregon with her Austrian husband.
- Website: https://germanologyunlocked.com/
- Registration: https://attendee.gotowebinar.com/register/9218584086712225036
15 Dec 2022 – Mark Stephen Middleton
Surviving the Digital Dark Ages-Backups and Archiving
- Webinar Abstract: Are you overwhelmed with stacks of paper? Learn how to backup and archive your family research for future generations to enjoy.
: Mark Middleton is an experienced technologist that has been working in the computer technology field since the 1990’
s. Mark takes technology (past, present and future) and brings it to a level that can be understood and used by all genealogists. He has a Master’
s in Information Systems and has been employed in IT industry over 25 years. He is a retired US Army Major. He has provided technology-based lectures to National, regional and local Genealogy organizations
The Florida State Genealogical Society (FSGS) provides a free Society Webinar Service for its member societies. For more information on how your local society can use this service, please go to FSGS Society Webinar Services .
Currently we do NOT have permission for most of the recorded webinars to be used in a local society meeting. If permission is obtained, the webinar will be identified as available.
FSGS Webinars are held on the third Thursdays of each month at 8:00 pm.
Certified Genealogist, CG, and Certified Genealogical Lecturer, CGL, are service marks of the Board for Certification of Genealogists® used by the Board to identify its program of genealogical competency evaluation and used under license by the Board’s Associates.
Accredited Genealogist, AG, is a certification mark of the International Commission for the Accreditation of Professional Genealogist. Individuals licensed to use the mark have met ICAPGen’s competency
CGSM and CGLSM are service marks of the Board for Certification of Genealogists and are used under license by board‑certified associates meeting competency standards.